Within the key learning area of Human Society and its Environment (HSIE) students develop knowledge, skills and values concerning people and their physical and social environment. There is a focus on the historical, the contemporary, and the future of the world and its people.
Each discipline provides a powerful context to enhance key competencies, including the investigation, interpretation and communication of information and ideas. The acquisition of higher-order critical thinking and analysis skills required for further education and for life in the workforce is encouraged. The content presented is inclusive of all learners.
The following courses are offered at each stage level:
- Stage 4 (compulsory courses)
- History (Year 7), Geography (Year 8)
- Stage 5 (compulsory courses)
- History (Years 9 & 10), Geography (Years 9 & 10)
- Stage 5 (Elective courses)
- Elective History (Years 9 & 10), Commerce (Years 9 & 10)
- Stage 6 (Elective Courses)
- Ancient History
- Business Studies
- Legal Studies
- Modern History
- Society and Culture